Friday, January 9, 2009

A brand new year!

January, a time to sweep away the guilt of what you didn't accomplish last year and make that list of all those things you swear to do this year. Right now my list is staring at me still blank but with all kinds of "maybes" floating around on the page.

Getting back to December of course......we had a really nice holiday. Saw Santa twice in one day and the boys were quite bold in expressing exactly what they wanted the big guy to bring. For Parker it was the Digitial Art and Crafts Studio (of course with how fast he says it it was heard as "thdigarsancratstudo" and so we gladly helped with translation). The only thing on Alex's list were choo-choo's, specifically Thomas and Percy. He wasn't even up in Santa's lap before he started yelling "I want Thomas and Percy Santa!!!!!" Luckily, Santa took note of their requests and both boys were very happy on Christmas morning. My parents and sister were here to celebrate with us. It was the usual orgy of gifts that I think poor Keith will never get used to. We had some great meals and Alex even got to help grandma make dumplings for chicken and dumplings. Keith and I also got some free-of-charge babysitting to go run errands, etc. which we always appreciate.

The boys are back at school now and Keith is back to work after being able to take off pretty muc the whole last 2 weeks of the year. Let's just say.....it was time. Having all this "boyishness" in my house 24/7 was wearing on my already thin nerves. LOL!

I have lots of pictures to post but they are on my laptop which is on it's way back to me after having been shipped to Dell for repair. Hopefully I'll get those photos on here soon. There are some pretty funny ones.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and we wish you all the best for 2009!

No comments: