Thursday, January 22, 2009

Changes, changes........

Well, looks as if the new year may be a time of many changes for us. Nothing drastic as of yet but a few things to make mention of.

Guess who's "working" again????????? Well, it's not full time, heck, it's not really even part time but I'm happy to be doing something other than cleaning my house and carting kids around to various activities. My friend Kathy was generous enough to suggest me for some side work at The Hockaday School (it's a private all girls school here in Dallas) doing various mailing, data entry, time consuming blah jobs. The best part is that I work from home on my own time in my jammies (if I want). Not glamorous but the perfect thing to ease me back into a "work world" mode without having to give up being a stay-at-home-mom to my boys. And heck, the extra money doesn't hurt either. ;)

Alex has been sprung from Speech therapy! The day his therapist took him to the potty and he exclaimed "Hey, my pee pee is yellow like a bird!" she figured his speech skills had reached the point where he really didn't need to be there anymore. LOL!

Parker has started some group therapy where he currently goes for Speech and OT. It's a social skills group with 3 other children. So far he's had 2 sessions and has done great! His therpaist even said he was "the example" for all the other kids! You have no idea how happy this makes me to hear something like that! Guess everything we've done for the past 4 years has really made a difference!

No comments: