Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Am I really "Middle-Aged" now?



Well, another year past and I can add one more notch on my pole of life. Whoopee. I remember getting so excited days before my birthday came around. Who would remember? Who would get me a surprise gift? Just 10 years ago I could always count on the 6:30a.m. phone call from my parents to sing Happy Birthday to me. Not that I wish they would keep that tradition going, but it was alwys something I looked forward to. Now-a-days it's not all about me. With a husband and kids it's hard to make a day be entirely about me anymore. Now I have explain to my kids that it's my birthday and listen to them go, "Where's my present?" Huh??? Don't you mean "Here's your present mom."????? And poor Keith, he always has the best intentions but I've found it best to just tell him exactly what to do for my birthday. (i.e. the beautiful and tasty arrangement pictured above that was delivered to my door)

It may not have been a spectacular day, but at least no one had to go to Urgent care, no one threw a tantrum in public and there have been minimal fights in the house today. That, my friends, is enough to make this a VERY good 35th birthday. ;)

No comments: