Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!




Whoa! What a Mother's Day. The one day of the year where I can look forward to lots of homemade pictures, hugs and most of all.....a day where I don't have to lift a finger to cook or clean (well, in theory).

It had been a long week of not-so-greatness around here. Last Sunday after running some errands we returned to water leaking from the ceiling in the living room. Ugh! (fish tank- but all is well and no major damage). Then on Monday Parker fell while running through the house and cut his head. Yes, yet one more visit to Urgent Care....when they start yelling "Hey, Mrs. T, who is it this time?" when I walk in the doors I'll officially be mortified. Thankfully we aren't there just yet. Parker required 3 stitches but was a trooper and didn't fight them at all. (Guess he's getting used to this by now.) A few other not worth mentioning blah things happened during the week so I was looking forward to my day of "me". ;)

I was up early to do my regular Sunday morning shopping and when I returned home I was not surprised to see that Parker and Alex were up and Keith was still in bed. What I was surprised to see was that my two boys were enjoying a roll of Sweetarts. Yikes! Sugar that early in the morning in two small children can only lead to good things, right? The boys (including Keith) made a great breakfast and we all got ready to head out for our excursion of the day....a trip to the Zoo!!!

We had a very nice time at the zoo....the boys got to ride on a pony, touch some stingrays and see their favorite animals. Alex fell asleep on the ride home so we decided to follow his lead and we all had naps that afternoon. When it was time to start thinking about dinner Keith got out of cooking by suggesting we head up to Chili's (a suggestion that will never be knocked down by me ;) ). We ended the evening by enjoying the Paradise Pie dessert we brought home from dinner. A decadent way to end a very nice day for mom!

No comments: